On Thursday, August 14th at 1:00 PM (EDT), a FREE webinar on How to Write a Job Hazard Analysis will be presented.
Please click the Registration Link in the Gold Bar to sign up.
In a statement released 19 May 2003, the Secretary of Defense challenged DoD to improve its safety record stating that “World class organizations do not tolerate preventable accidents”. In 2005, the Secretary of Defense issued a new challenge to reduce mishaps 75% by Fiscal Year 2008.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA’s) Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP) have proven to be highly effective in reducing organizations’ incident rates and lost work days. VPP “Star” sites report:
Military departments, agencies and installations participating in the VPP process should not only expect an improved safety record but also an overall improved readiness. Given this double benefit, Defense Safety Oversight Council is turning to the VPP in response to the Secretary of Defense’s challenge by establishing the DoD VPP Center of Excellence (VPP CX).
The DoD VPP CX will support nominated installations with achieving and maintaining Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) VPP recognition, which means they have exemplary Safety Management Systems and programs.
- The Legal Implications and Challenges of Medical Marijuana Usage and Drug Testing Policies in Military Personnel
- Impact of Medical Marijuana Administration Methods on Job Performance and Safety of Public Safety Officers
- Analyzing the Impact of Medical Marijuana Legalization on Drug Testing Policies in Military and Public Safety Sectors
- Charting New Terrain: An Exploration into Dosage and Administration of Medical Marijuana for PTSD in Veterans
- Unveiling the Potential of Medical Marijuana for PTSD in Military Personnel
The DoD VPP CX provides on-site and remote assistance and training to nominated installations supporting their efforts.
DoD VPP CX / Concurrent Technologies Corporation
Phone: VPPCX22880 (877) 262-2080
Subscribe/unsubscribe to/from e-mail list server